Saturday 20 May 2017

Live online conference at MM10


Hello everybody!!

Today I am going to explain you the last challenge we have to fulfill in my ICT subject and it is about my experience in a live conference.

First of all I have to confess that I have been never take part in one online conference and I was so nervous about that. However, when we did the rehearsal with our teacher M. Jesús I realized that it will be so easy to achieve.

On the fourth of May I have the chance to participate in a live online conference that moodlemooc10 (#MM10) carried out. This platform is about the use of moodle and the conference was a worldwide event for teachers all over the world. We have to join with WizIQ and the title of our online class was Open Educational Digital Projects for CLIL Primary Education.

The people in charge of carrying out this online presentation were our ICT teacher M. Jesús who you can follow in her twitter account @mjgsm and Dr. Nellie Deutsch whose twitter is also @nelliemuller .

The aim of the conference was to present our OEP to the whole world and also our classmates. We have to talk about our projects in five minutes and our learning process in the ICT classes. For that purpose, I made a draft using a word sheet to prepare my talk and do not improvise at that moment. Moreover, I have the opportunity to show the links to my blog, twitter account and OEP to the rest of the people watching the conference so they can follow our explanation with examples of our work.

I recommend you to go through this kind of experiences since it allows you to be confident and proud of your effort. I consider this challenge easier than the others since we have to tell our progress and feelings about the subject and explain our OEP which we have been doing during all the process. This subject prepares me to spread my work to the rest of the world and it is something that I would never believe it.

Another important thing that we do in this conference was listening to each other. I mean that we have to be patient and wait for our turn to talk in the conference since we were too many classmates to talk. Here you can see all our slides that present us to the participants. In these slides you can see the order of the participants, the title of our OEP and a brief description of our learning process.

As I said before I prepare my talk using a word document that you can see below in a draft. I pasted my talk using an online tool that I have explained to you in other post. This is Issuu an online tool to publish documents.  Here you can see the words I said in the online conference.


I would like to conclude this post saying that this conference allows me to take part in a worldwide event for teachers that is very important for our training as 21 century teachers. Moreover I feel very proud of my efforts and my speech during this conference that gives me more confidence and communication skills. I would like to point out that participate in this conferences was a big pleasure and I want to say thanks to all the participants and to Nelly for this great opportunity.

Here you can see the live conference that is paste in Youtube for watching.




No comments:

Post a Comment